Tuesday 19 December 2017

Black Blade

So having had a weekend off the Mists I am heading back in and looking to try for an Sentient weapon. Having never played one in pen and paper this is completely new to me and I almost regret not having a slot available to create GrouseElric. And those who enjoy the fantasy books will know exactly who I mean and what this title refers to. However the characters I have at the top end of the game are limited as I have just reincarnated 3 characters and this might cause an issue for me getting a worthwhile sentient weapon especially as I don't raid. Probably means a trip or three to the auction house and a lot of luck. The idea of a sword talking back does has the sense of comedic value but the work to create a workable weapon means I will be very selective of who I aim to supply with a weapon like this.

Bigby better start making big signs for this maze.
Realistically it comes down to one character at the moment and he is down at level 13 on his 7th life. So the grind is going to me massive but as always the end product is the focus and is why I will put the hours in to get the weapon and abilities I want. Grouseconan is currently running his third fighter life and after this he will focus on 2 more barbarian lives then he will work his racial lives. I have kept him 2 handed weapons and so far the falchion is the weapon of choice. Looking at the options of weapons to make sentient it does seem limited and the "best choice" would be Windlasher although now debating if that should be the weapon of choice?
Thought there was a coffee shop up here.
I do wonder if any weapon will operate against the character if the alignment is wrong. A chaotic sentient jewel is not going to appreciate a Lawful good character, though how Standing Stone have programmed the function of the weapons versus alignment not sure if we will see effects like this as we go along. I would need to see a list of sentient jewels their function but at present this doesn't seem to be part of the design so just going to think about the how, where and why to get one. Looking at the time I will need to spend to get a jewel it may be a year or two before I get there. Yes at the moment sentient weapons are not going to change the game but thinking the Devs will want to have a serious conversation about alignment and using weapons. Maybe even a minimum requirement in will power as these weapons could overpower a weaker minded toon.
I left my fishing rod at home... regretting that now!
Quick run down of the weekend sees GrouseMerlin start life 13 and now he is working on his racial lives. GrouseYogi (he will end as a Bear Druid) start his second life, his first was Artificer as is his second, I hope to put some hours in so he can do his third Artie life before becoming a druid and working with Suzy (and anyone who knows the adult yogi bear song will figure this one out). Finally GrouseTanis is taking his second life, this time rather than tempest he will run as an Arcane Archer. Once I get Conan into his epic lives (he is only level 13) Grouseman can finish his epic lives and reincarnate epic and heroic and start his racial lives, nice that he has the completionist option to really make life easier.
3000 down just a few more to go.

Enjoying more of the Mists

GrouseConan.

No comments:

Post a Comment