Wednesday 11 March 2015

Listen To The Band

So I thought I had better explain just what I am currently working with. Because all I write about is what I am playing with. So in total I have 25 toons, now no point in naming them all because I am not playing them all, plenty spread from level 8 to 17 in the Heroics and a few 24 that have all stalled.. My druid is sitting at level 14, my air savant is single life and at epic max but he is good for events and all sorts of fun but what I want to do is let people understand who I am currently working with so they can maybe understand the what and whys or if not then the opportunity to ask questions is there. I am always bringing my love of music into the blog so lets listen to the band.

Lead Singer is Grouseman, current level 15 rogue using the assassin tree and working with Kukris. Now Grouseman is 14th life and has the completionist feat, he also has +3 supreme tome so as a human working on 13 for each ability score. Now knowing that we are going to get Warlock (or any other class they may come up with) so I will lose completionist, this means I will take Man up to level 20 then leave him alone until the class is introduced and then true reincarnate into the class and all the way through warlock and back to Rogue. As I am going dex based I am so tempted to go halfing and lose a feat but get the better dex solution. Guess we will figure that out as we go.
Backstabber?
On lead guitar we have Grousemot grandmaster of flowers Monk with 5 epic levels on top of his 20 heroic levels. I built him as a dex based halfing and man he is fun but I dont use him as much as I should because the other characters are better at earning guild renown. He is first life and part of a team of 6 characters who will got into their epics without reincarnating. Sometimes you just want to have fun. I don't play him as much as I should but that sort of game time is taken up with Man, once I get man back to 20 I think I will play more time Mot and push him through to max using Devil Assault as his daily mainstay.
Who says Monks can't have Steaks?
On Rhythm guitar Grousemerlin, a wizard with 3 previous sorcerer lives. He will work his way through 3 wizard lives and then depending on the benefits of warlock either 3 lives as a warlock or 3 lives as a favoured soul before finally heading back to a sorcerer and although I already have an air savant I think he will also take that path with the benefits of all those past lives. I am tempted to also take druid and artificer but that will depend on what I feel like. Certainly his end game is back to sorcerer and seeing just how powerful I can make him.

Time for a cold one
On Bass Guitar we have Grousewiz who is on his third life and working on the pale master route. I have to be really in the mood to play him as the fun you get from self healing and hurting through things like death aura but I do tend to play him only once or twice a week. At the moment he is working on grinding experience through running stormcleave simply because the quest is one I know and one that I actually enjoy in small doses. I do love the skeleton pet who heals from death aura as well but there is not the organic feel I get from other characters. However I intend to push through with him this time into the epics. With 8 Wizard and 2 monk levels he can melee pretty well whilst self healing but the shortage of mana does cause a dilema over the best way to play him.

On Keyboard Grouseconan a half orc barbarian who is overly keen on his falchions, this is his first life but he will run through into at least another 2 lives as a barbarian. The question is do I run through any other melee classes to boost him into the end game or just run him as is. I have a +5 supreme tome in his bank waiting as I think I can have a lot of fun with his builds. However looking at the other characters he has ground to a halt at level 12 but I he has potential if there wasn't so many other characters to enjoy.
Added a couple of level since this was taken
And there are currently 2 drummers who a bit like spinal tap constantly change. Grouseren is currently a Paladin running with the vanguard enhancements and Grousekull is a barbarian running the occult slayer enhancement. These two are the test dummies for future builds so I can see how thins play out and if the build is one I will enjoy when/if I reincarnate into the class and race I am testing. I run the characters for 6 hours using the depth quests as they are good for guild renown and I expect to have at least the two drummers running them regularly. Certain I have a paladin at level 12 that at some point I will start working with again where as I am not a big fan of the occult slayer for the barbarian but I will continue to test it so I know exactly what is happening with him.
90 minutes left of game play with Ren
Yes I have other characters of every class and most races, I will test theories and solutions and also I will test builds till I find the way I want to play and I have a character for every mood from straight out hack n slash to intelligent magical firepower there are options for every day. Just sometimes I hit overload of a style and I need to switch to other options.

Grouseman (who hears lots of voices in his head).

No comments:

Post a Comment