Tuesday 8 September 2015

Dance With The Devil

Drum roll please Mr Cozy Powell, time we looked at one of those quests that I have an extreme love hate relationship with, Devils Assault. On epic it is something I run as a staple to level characters as the cumulative experience makes it worthwhile and in the final chests you get tokens of the twelve which as I tend to reincarnate a lot I need. Most times I do this quest on epic normal with me and some hirelings I get 2 tokens which means 10 runs and I have my token to reincarnate. However this is one you can't bio break in as the waves don't have a pause button.
At this point Sly wishes he had of studied magic
In many ways it is like Kobold Assault, in that you have to survive and destroy each wave with the last 3 having a boss that is easy to recognise but not so easy to kill. From wave 3 onwards it becomes a little bit more difficult and it is very easy to become a bit arrogant after wave 2 which will probably mean we will be seeing your soul stone before much longer. There are two chances to shrine during the battle, first is at the end of wave 3 and there will be a treasure chest which last time I ran it with my guildie got a scream of impressive trophy, which we were happy about. The best I have ever seen in there is Legendary Victory but only seen that twice in the last 3 months.
Do you want to dance?
Wave 4 is where things get a bit more difficult and the boss fior wave 4 is one of the most irritating in the game. Blinky Baktor is one of those monsters you know how to defeat and you usually can but his hopping is just annoying and the 2 wizards that appear with him are just so frustrating. if you can take out the mobs before you crowd Blinky into a corner it is well worth it. The bowman tend to be easy to kill (relatively easy depending on toon), but the natural urge is to throw everything including the kitchen sink at blinky which allows the mobs to wear down your characters. I know many people don't like this quest because of Blinky but the amount of epic experience you get from this make it one of those packs you will consider buying the pack plus you get the raid Chronoscope in it so the 350 turbine points seem a good investment.
You ain't so tough
Anyway back to DA and the final wave, any character with a stunning aoe attack or a good arc attack will be worth his weight at this point. Unless you are ranged staying still is just inviting trouble so get active and chase down those wizards and warlocks. Or you will be acid rain for a quite a while. Interestingly the final boss feels a lot easier than the crowds attacking you before hand, he is just full of hit points and takes a while to wear down, on epic normal he is around 30k hit points so be prepared to grind that final attack if your melee, even spell damage takes a while. I have yet to use a warlock with consumption on him, that actually may be a good way of bringing him down quickly.
Just glad the bodies disappear or I couldn't find the door

My Maths start struggling at this point

So Devils Assault is a purchasable pack and the rewards for epic make is feel worthwhile to me, ran this over the weekend a few times and each time the cumulative experience was around 100k for 28 minutes roughly so as a quest I am comfortable with, that has 5 chests on epic normal, that gives tokens of the twelve and has given good guild renown occasionally it is a quest I can recommend even if the Devil Blinky is a nightmare to dance with as he likes to lead and his foxtrot tends to wander all over the place.

Happy Dancing
Grousesly

6 comments:

  1. Blinky is a complete pain and I remember how laggy it could be. But does reward well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't noticed as much lag recently, the rewards outweigh the downsides.

      Delete
  2. Will have to give it a try!
    Nice blog. Like your pictures with the captions to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to dancing with the devils again, but only within a blade barrier, LOL..
    Well, I will go outside the dance floor and knock and few archers down :-)
    The rewards are well worth it............
    I agree with Anon,, Nice pics and always great captions....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have a bit of fun with it, I am guessing you prefer my artificer to the rogue even though they can both manage the quest. Blade Barrier for Blinky :D

      Delete