Tuesday 15 December 2015

Speedy Gonzales

So I am thinking about ETR(Epic reincarnation) for Grousemot my first life monk and looked at his favour and realised that he hasn't got the favour he should have so I have started to catch up on the favour first. But the last thing I really wanted to do was spend time grinding favour so decided to see just how fast I could do quests using hirelings including gold seal. And first up was Delera's which normally takes about 80 minutes or so actual dungeon run time. At best is abut 65 minutes but I can't ever remember completing this under 60 minutes.
I am sure someone will beat this but I impressed myself
BUT we have a monk that moves like grease lightning. Who dances with the wind and flows like water. So fire up elite and lets go... and go... and go... and go! I have to admit I have never tried to flow this fast before and okay all the abilities a maxed out monk with thunder and lightning handwraps it was more than easy. And in total 37 minutes. Next chain I hadn't done on elite is Tangleroot Gorge, this was a bit more of a stroll as I wanted every treasure chest so it was dragged out a bit at 49 minutes. On the plus side for a quick blast through it was okay on the plat side dropping 12k.
Not bad for a first lifer
Something strange though this urge to get favour, I have unlocked everything, I run VIP and I have bought tomes to boost my characters so why do I drive myself nuts for maybe a little in the way of turbine points? Certainly the spells the houses offer and even the Deneith ammo doesn't offer enough to drive through but over the years on every toon I have felt an urge to get the favour up even though I have 2 toons with over 2,500 favour. Part of the enjoyment along with experience and reflects that I have done most quests in the game. The only low level quest I never do is stealthy repossession which I guess I could do now, just a bad experience with it about 5 years ago and haven't touched it since.
Not bad for a little run

left it way to late for this to have an impact
But one of the reasons I am now going to ETR is the fact I need to get out of my comfort zone. It has been too easy just leveling in Heroic and grinding Devil's assault and the wildernesses to reach 28 so time to shut up, pull up my big boy pants and get out there to find new challenges. My completionist has stalled at level 9, my master magic user is close to start his new life but this is all heroic so time to step up and try something different. I have never got my head round epic reincarnation so I know some reading is in order but with the new year I will see a new style of playing.

Happy Festivult

Grousemot

4 comments:

  1. Speedy Gonzales, love it, perfect for Grousemot :-)
    I really enjoy going around with little Motty.. He is quick as lighting and can kick butt with the best of them ;-)
    Looking forward to a New Year of Epic Challenges :-)
    Just need to catch up with him and you!!!! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. OK, So I spelled "Lightning" wrong in the above post (3 times, ahahhahaha! You can kick my butt when I get in the game.. LOL ;-P

    ReplyDelete