Sunday 30 April 2017

Blood on Blood

So thinking that because of the True Heart of Blood is used for racial reincarnation it gives me an excuse for calling this piece blood on blood and playing some Bon Jovi. So having decided on 3 characters racial reincarnations I started my first.


Blood time
Merlin was always intended to be a sorcerer, been working on him for some time. Past lives as a cleric, favoured soul, artificer, wizard and sorc means he has plenty of passive assistance in the future. The wiki will tell you what having 3 past lives in each will bring as benefits but it seemed those lives would really make for a better sorc. So we look at what he would need as a sorcerer in terms of racial benefits? Wisdom is not a fantastic help to an arcance but I have already got human 1 because of the last life he was human. Thus makes sense to do two more, well at least to me, then I can add in Gnome, Halfling, Half Elf, Elf and Dragon Born. I have hear the cries from the audience about the benefit of going wooden and dwarf, well while constitution is a nice to have it is not a major part of this build and considering the other characters I have to deal with I am going to save the 6 stones of experience I have to get through Warforged as I prefer squishy toons. I know everyone has their favourites and at the moment Merlin is mine. Breezed through Kothos and as I said on twitter starting to think I can do misery's Peak blindfolded. I estimate I have run it over 400 times so yeah can guess  what is round each corner.
So I got started at last
Next on my favourites list is Grouseman the Halfling Assassin, so rogue that likes backstabbing, 15 past lives including one of each class. So he has the completionist feat or what I guess will be called the class completionist. Now I intend to run 3 of every race but as I am not overly keen on Warforged there goes 3 of my stones. I have no idea where he will finish up in terms of class, factor in the racial bonuses a +5 supreme tome and the completionist feat he can pretty much do any race and class well. But his final life will be left to an impulse or whim, the only surety is divine is the least likely when you have all the bonuses he will have. Choices will be made and getting him through warforged first as an artificer will be the goal. Whatever class he ends up he has a fine collection of Kukris which probably will see him come back to playing as a rogue.
Notice a common thread in the names?
Finally Grouseconan the barbarian. His end game options are already decided but dwarf, warforged, halfling, elf and half orc means another 15 lives not including another Barbarian past life rquired so 16 maybe 17 lifes to come. Not sure of the order apart from getting through warforged... notice a common feature on my characters?
Human 1
So I will need a lot of tokens of the twelve so this means my spare game time (if I have any) is being spent on my favoured soul and my iconic currently bladeforged. They can grind a certain quest and get me many tokens, the intention is if I get the iconic to cap I can start Ziggy's other lives but slowly while I focus on my 3 main.
No matter how many times I see this I still smile, main reason not to blindfold!

Happy rebirth to all those reincarnating.

GrouseMerlin.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful as always and awesome going back in time seeing Jovi that young, LOL.
    I am just glad that I will be only reincarnating one toon.
    You amaze me with all that you do!!
    Loves Ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun planning and implementing but sometimes you wonder when you will switch over to the rest of the toons.
      Loves YA

      Delete