Saturday 27 December 2014

Hope and Memory

Firstly Happy Festivult to all the DDO players of the world, may your greaves have been filled with Copper, Silver and Gold by the Jester. I hope your cakes are wondrous and your cookies full of surprises... or maybe vice versa.

This time of year I guess people have one of two situations. Either the family congregate and game time disappears or you are away from work/school and can put in some serious gaming. For me it was family so I have been barely playing, perhaps just 30 minutes or so a day. Which compared to what I usually put in is a pittance.

This time of year it takes hours picking out a tree



We have all hopefully worked out by now even with all the game time I have put in and all the characters I have run from a half orc barbarian to a halfling monk that is not built around a healing amp I still see myself as a newb. Okay I know what I like and I have played every class at least twice but that is about my enjoyment. To me DDO is about the fun of figuring things out and not copying others, I could go down the route of running the shroud regularly and farming items and materials to make my characters Uber but I I don't want Uber characters I want fun to play characters.

I will trying and build the best character I can but having a character that has so much gear for every occasion appeals less and less. Even on my maxed out sorcerer I only have 4 hotbars and when I see what others are having on their screen shots I go brain dead. I could not remember what 25 characters have on every hotbar if I have gear for every problem. If it is a caster I want one with my main offensive spells and and another with my buffs. For melee a selection of weapons but the active bar will have the special attacks if any, a lot of the time I will go down the passive route of building a character so everything works without my interference.

Okay the one on the right at the back.... I think


Now I definitely would never tell another player how to play but when I watch videos/streaming of other players I do wonder just how they remember what is on every hotbar? Perhaps I need to get a better memory? Sorry this was going to be just a happy holiday wish but I got distracted and my mind went on a wander. If anyone who reads this has 7 plus hotbars on most of their characters would love to know how you memorise the wide spectrum you have available. Have I missed a trick or is old age my problem?

Happy holidays and may your ice skates hit purple (assumption skates being required soon).

Grouseman

No comments:

Post a Comment