Tuesday 9 June 2015

The Path of Merlin

So I haven't written for a couple of weeks which is about right for me but gone over the time I normal set myself to sit down and write so why the delay? Well I write when inspired and being on Ghallanda has slowed me down a bit on the old inspiration front. And bonus points to anyone who recognised the title as a track from Medwyn Goodall.
Always wondered how wise I should be
 But the journey continues and Grousemerlin is now on his seventh life and is now a favoured soul. After 3 lives as a sorceror and 3 as a wizard this next stage of 3 as a favoured soul is grind, I am no healer really and although I have a level 16 cleric and a epic 4 favoured soul neither get the playtime I probably should put it. Both will probably end up as first life caps and used to support the other member of the guild as her characters grow.
Will this make or break the man?
So Merlin has been put on the path of warpriest, which is something I don't normally select. When test building I have always prefered Angel of Vengence but I figured I should at least one life go with Warpriest. Not really enjoying grind to be honest, I love the arcane cannon approach to magic users and the fact I do more slaying via sword than magic suggests either I am playing him wrong or I should try to treat him as a fighter for the next 3 lives. Still he is level 6 and grinding his way up even though the screenshots were taken a couple of days ago when he was level 5.

On the real downside, Merlin had a hard bravery streak of 97 when I ran a quest without thinking and forgot to select hard. That is so frustrating, I know only the first 5 count to the bonus but now I have to get the 5 again, this time I might select elite. You never know I might grind that all the way up before the mush I call a brain slips up again. Still life 7 is impressive to me considering I have also a completionist and a pale master who has 3 lives. Plus of course Conan the Monk who is second life.
Some people should not be allowed weapons and beer.
So my characters are running well but the server issues has made my game play a bit stop and start. The TV, reading, listening to music and even audio books all impact on gaming time. The thought has crossed my mind that I should try to play 3 or 4 days very intensively on Merlin and see what that does. Now the desire to run for guild renown has dropped it is all about creating characters that are fun to play. I know that grinding lives sounds a chore and I guess it is but the ends justify the means, at least in this case as all that is getting slaughtered is more Kobolds.

So to all those out there grinding lives my thoughts are with you as we all strive for the most fun characters we can make.

Grousemerlin

2 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN_O3M8aje0
    From Album "The Round Table".. The magic of Celtic Legends :-)

    You always have me in awe with your musical titles! Wonderful song also, too bad you could not have added the song playing in the background to the blog while reading :-)

    You enjoy the hard grind of going through the lives of your maybe all 25 of your characters to find the best possible build for each and which ones you have more fun with! And that is surely quite and accomplishment indeed!!
    I enjoy trying to get the guild up with my guild renown bonus's and a couple of characters :-)

    Ingenious writing as always................... And yes, Weapons and Beer combo not a good idea!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love my music, all varieties so long as I can get my teeth into them. I will have to see if I can figure out how to play music.

      Grinding is the part where you set up the most fun in the game. A more powerful character can do more, even though sometimes you think I can skip a boring bit. I don't like healers but Favoured Souls have a nice past life bonus which will help my final character so grit teeth and get on.

      Must remember drunk in charge of a sword is almost as dangerous as drunk in charge of any sort of wheels.

      Delete