Tuesday 5 April 2016

From The Ashes


So Mike Oldfield gives us then title this time and I think it is incredibly appropriate given the fact we are going to discuss my current progress and where I have shifted and concentrated my focus. If you read this blog you would know I have started an Iconic Hero Ziggy but he has suffered because I have gone back to characters I was into prior to him coming along. I am hoping that I will have 2 characters to reincarnate next week if I put the time into the second one.
Standby for action (I do love old tv)
Now Merlin is already to reincarnate, this is after 3 Wizard, 3 Sorcerer, 3 Favored Soul and 3 Warlock lives. Because of the bonus to evocation from past lives it really seems that Merlin will take the Air Savant route in what I am expecting to be his final heroic life. The progress has been slow but given his past life bonuses he should be pretty good for running with a hireling healer. Now he is ready to level and I have to say the main reason is the ease with slayer bonuses he had of hitting the 7500 slayer in Orchard. There has been a lot of grind with certain quests in one case to the point where I am at the point of never wanting to run it again (at least for a couple of weeks).... I hate runways and fashion.
Still a little way to go
Next up is Conan the Monk, I know just looks so bleah but this is just his second life and he has another 2 as Monk to come before 3 fighter lives and back to Barbarian 3 times. Because this is early in his multi life cycle there were others I could have chosen to work on but as I am working on a caster with a legendary name thought I would work on a Melee type at the same time. Because of the amount of lives yet to run I am more comnfortable with him except when  running a quest that works better if you have a ranged solution. Shuriken are not the fastest solution to a giant Mindflayer and because I have completed the slays in Orchard Conan is now in Merida banging out the slays there. I am not sure if I will do the 10k or stop at 6k and jump to Reavers yet???

One thing I did notice in Orchard that I hadn't seen before or seen notification of is the werewolves and vampires near the entrance along with the silver flame paladins up by the Black Abbot graveyard, now as I haven't done epic Orchard I don't know if there are CR14 to 16 Werewolves in there but I certainly don't remember ever seeing them before. Lag? I missed a slight change to heroic Orchard? Or some dev is playing with my head? Not sure so confusion reigns.
Colour coordinated with the Panda 
Yes I quest but I do enjoy wilderness a lot even if I do get through a ton of slayer boosts each week. I tend to spend most of turbine points on those boosts. I did almost move to my ranger Tanis rather than Conan but I will say Tanis does look right with a Panda but Conan got the vote over both Tanis and Ziggy for the time being. But I change my mind constantly so no idea what I will be like once Merlin and Conan rise from the ashes to start their next lives.

Happy Rebirth

GrouseMerlin

1 comment: