Monday 18 April 2016

Ziggy and the Spiders from Whisperdoom


So started messing around with my intended Iconic completionist GrouseZiggy and realised I need to test him out. So as I prefer squishy (non warforged) I really needed to find out what he can and can't do. I have run Paladins before but they have all been sword and board until now with both Ziggy and the newly created Roland using two handed weapons, so I needed to get my head round cleaving everything.

Lock up your daughters
First port of call was good old Whisperdoom, I know this was well below level but you don't test something you are uncomfortable with at full strength until you at least know how things work plus it is always good for favor. Not found a really comfortable way of getting the right keyboard layout so combat doesn't functions the way I want. I had a melee mindset but with all the combat abilities that Ziggy has I am findng I am playing closer to how I run a caster than a melee. Certainly taking a little time and I hate having too many clickies on hotbars which so many others use, personal choice.
Just how many more do I need?
I have a habit of power leveling characters and Ziggy is no exception, he has got a lot of his experience through running in gianthold. The slayer boosts have made a massive difference as 9000 slays is a big number and hard work in GH but halfway there so will smash my way through the bodies. Nice step into Orchard after which is my favourite wilderness for speed to get the big numbers. A short route with maximum benefit from the wagon train and the rats in the mound of bones.
Shiney and Pointy
I do have one other non squishy character, AgentGrouse the warforged articier with his defender MrBond. All I need is an adventure with plenty of gold and a villian who uses a giant swinging axe to chop up his opponents. I do find that I have had to struggle with certain races and force myself to play them, mainly because I know what works for me and tend to stick with what I know, but it is nice to challenge my precepts with races that I normally avoid. Certainly AgentGrouse will always be warforged and because of Mrbond (yes I do use the accent in my head) he will always be an artificer.
Looking for Blofeld

GrouseZiggy the non squishy

No comments:

Post a Comment